Ten reasons to come to Herefordshire this summer!
1. Walkers call our countryside breathtaking and we have Offa's Dyke within striking distance of the estate as well as a series of walks around the estate itself. You are free to roam wherever you wish but for those who prefer their walks to be mapped out we have four marked routes and a bespoke treasure trail to solve.
2. Foodies enthuse about the quality of our produce and with authentic farmers' markets in the local market towns of Leominster and Ledbury as well as in Hereford city itself, the food miles are short and the fruit and veg are large! Our Herefordshire beef is world renowned and after a chat with the local butcher or the farmer behind the meat stall in the markets, you will be happy to buy it and bring it back to Brinsop for the evening barbeque.
3. Adrenalin seekers rave about our rock faces and river rapids and Symonds Yat, a few miles south of Brinsop offers both opportunities. Or stay closer to home and go wild swimming in Harlands Pool or head over to Court Farm in Tillington to try your nerve at mountain boarding.
4. There are no crowds in Herefordshire as holiday makers tend to go to well known tourism spots and the beach. However delightful Cornwall may be, the number of cars on the roads and people in the towns can make it tedious to get around. Whilst Herefordshire does attract the discerning tourist, it is largely unknown to the majority.
5. Culture in Herefordshire is of particular interest to historians with the Mappa Mundi housed in Hereford Cathedral. In August there are free lunchtime concerts in the Cathedral on Tuesdays which are well worth a visit.
6. The beauty of the county has inspired poets, artists and writers over the years and you can unleash your inner creativity by joining one of the basket weaving, rag rug making or pottery courses being held in August by Creative Breaks.
7. With the musicfestival season in full swing in the summer sunshine, Herefordshire offers Noztock, a festival built from a curious amalgamation of performance, art, electronic super-sounds and good old fashioned guitar strumming and drum bashing!
8. Perhaps your thing is continuous education and there are a whole host of museums from the quirky through to the downright bonkers! At the Hereford Museum and Art Gallery the exhibition on this summer is "River Life: Angling on the Wye".
9. At Brinsop Court Estate all summer, our very own Jonathan will be on hand to show guests the best picnic spots, the best places to paddle or dam up the springs and the best places to just laze and read a book!
10. And finally, a great reason to choose to stay in Herefordshire this summer is the weather will be as good or as bad here as anywhere else in the UK.
So there you have it, ten great reasons to come to Herefordshire this summer! What are you waiting for - check our availability NOW!